2012 is the 10th anniversary of the Festival and the organising team have been celebrating that milestone by organising a great programme of events for 2012. I find it very hard to choose a top 10 list from everything that’s going on but these are at least some of the things I’m really looking forward to:
1. Launching the Festival with music, theatricality and of course some nice bits to taste on Thursday 25th, Avenue Gardens at 5pm
2. Visiting the Festival Wine Bar on South Embankment – new for 2012 and wonderfully well stocked by Browns Hotel and The Royal Castle.
3. Popping across to Kingswear for the beer festival at the Ship Inn. Colin will have dozens of great ales and ciders throughout the Festival.
4. Nibbling some tapas with Serin and Simon of Smith Street Deli at their stand in Royal Avenue Gardens
5. Meeting Masterchef winner, restaurateur and TV presenter Thomasina Miers at our Saturday Morning Live at The Flavel Event. So excited !!!!
6. Kicking things off at a Great British Puddings and Pies Street Party on Thursday 25th. A proper knees up with great food and great atmosphere.
7. Grabbing a steak at the Hawksmoor Pop-up in the Seahorse on Sunday 28th. Legendary and I hope I have time to work my way through one of their slabs.
8. Eating British fish with Mitch and Monty at a lunch in the Flavel to celebrate British Seafood on Friday 26th
9. Learning something new at one of the workshops at the Manna from Devon Cooking School space in Royal Avenue Gardens.
10. Grazing my way around some of the great street food available in the markets.
First published October 2012 By The Dart